PhotoCentral v1.00.503 is now live. Changes:
- Chrome v66 would warn that SSL certificate was not secure – fixed
- Jobs that had product names with special characters would not get added to the PhotoCentral order log in RetailerCentral – fixed.
- Some products with photo hole dimensions > 24 inches would render inconsistently – fixed
- Added support for variable start month calendars
- Expanded Google Analytics support to include ecommerce data
- Site now always loads in a secure session (SSL)
Here is an excerpt from the RetailerCentral online manual that has been updated to include information about Google ecommerce analytics:
You can track your PhotoCentral pages in your Google Analytics account. If you don’t have a Google Analytics account, we strongly recommend that you get one. Go here for more information:
Google Analytics is a free service of Google. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll need to enter your Google Analytics ID (e.g. UA-0000000-1) in the appropriate field in the PhotoCentral section of RetailerCentral. Do this for each account you wish to track. If you wish to see ecommerce data (orders, items, etc.., ), you will need to enable Ecommerce Tracking for your Google Analytics account. To do this:
You need to enable Ecommerce for each view in which you want to see the data.
- Sign into Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Optional: Set Enable Related Products to ON.
- Click Next step.
- Click Submit.